The put up SKY Express: Robust organic growth with new products & environmentally responsible proposals appeared first on TD (Travel Daily Media) Travel Daily.
In a particular occasion SKY categorical and Athens International Airport “El. Venizelos” welcomed their companions marking the start of the new vacationer season.
At an occasion collectively organized by Athens International Airport and SKY categorical on the Arion Veranda of the Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens, representatives of the nation’s largest journey companies, the broader tourism business and the media had been welcomed to have fun and focus on the prospects of this summer season.
New strategy to air journey with SKY EXPRESS
SKY categorical, all through the years of its exercise, operates and develops operationally following the mannequin of sustainable mobility. This is a strategic determination that places environmental safety on the core of its operational exercise. At the identical time, touring with SKY categorical, aside from a singular and personalised journey expertise, can be an environmentally responsible selection for the passenger.
In the context of all of the above, Eleanna Michalakopoulou, Revenue Products supervisor of SKY categorical offered, for the primary time, new products and companies that mix sustainability, consolation and essentially the most refined expertise that each traveller seeks.
DRINKS & BITES – PREORDER
Travelling with SKY categorical is an environmentally responsible selection for the passenger. The passengers of the corporate are neither obliged to devour meals, nor burdened with these prices within the value of their ticket, since they themselves select if and what meal they wish to get pleasure from throughout the flight. In reality, the obtainable meals don’t require warmth therapy, additional lowering power wants and the related footprint. The up to date catalogue is because of be launched in a number of days alongside with the new Preorder service, because of which meals waste is eradicated, as passengers are in a position to decide on and order their meal up to some hours earlier than the flight. The Preorder menu will probably be even richer and premium with particular dishes and all kinds of meals and drinks, catered to cowl all of the wants and consuming habits of passengers.
Business class is completely different. It’s Bliss. And it’ll be launched in July 2023 on worldwide routes, the new service will progressively increase to most of SKY categorical’s community and can supply passengers precedence at each stage of the journey, free entry to VIP Lounges, chance of carrying further baggage and kilos in them, nice eating choices and in-flight leisure.
SKY Forward is the title of one other new product made obtainable to passengers who wish to earn a sure amount of cash for his or her air journey throughout a yr with nice flexibility and with out restrictions.
Through a quite simple process the passenger can purchase a SKY Forward package deal for your complete SKY categorical community. For instance, by buying a package deal of €1,000, one pays solely €800 and redeems it, wherever they need, each time they need, on as many flights as they need and with whomever they need, just by paying the taxes of the respective airport.
It is price noting that every one new packages applied by SKY categorical will now be linked to packages carried out inside the framework of its company social mission. For this purpose, these actions will all the time be associated to a objective to help focused actions that reply to particular, mapped wants of the society. Therefore, a part of the proceeds from stated actions will probably be devoted to a trigger.
During the occasion, Gerasimos Skaltsas, Chief Commercial Officer of SKY categorical, offered the corporate’s key figures throughout the first quarter of 2023, following a dynamic course that creates worth for each Athens International Airport and all its shareholders.
- Total flights elevated by 11% (in comparison with the identical interval in 2022) exceeding 10,000. Compared to the primary quarter of 2019 (pre-Covid-19 interval) the rise in flights is as much as 69%.
- The firm’s passengers elevated by 50% (in comparison with the primary quarter of 2022), reaching 730,000. Compared to the pre-pandemic interval, the rise reaches 390%
- The complete income of the corporate has elevated by 73% (in comparison with the primary quarter of 2022) reaching €48 million, pushed by the upper growth of worldwide flights. Compared to the pre-pandemic interval, the rise reaches 489%.
- The exponential organic growth of the corporate’s dimension was supported by a powerful improve in jobs that now exceed 660, with 390 new hires within the four-year interval 2019-2022, which additionally contains the interval of the pandemic.
- SKY categorical’s inexperienced fleet, which is the latest fleet in Greece and most environmentally pleasant in Europe, travels to the biggest community of home locations (34) and to 29 worldwide locations in 12 international locations. Of the home locations, 27 are served by Athens International Airport with 5 solely served from/to Athens International Airport. Regarding worldwide locations by the “El. Venizelos”, 9 locations in 8 international locations are served.
In addition, relating to the Athens International Airport “El. Venizelos”SKY categorical:
- for the fifth yr in a row, it’s the quickest rising airline with a market share of 13.5% in 2023, in comparison with 2.5% in 2019.
- recorded a rise of 175% in seats on supply from / to “El. Venizelos” – in comparison with the corresponding summer season season of 2019. This improve for your complete SKY categorical community corresponds to 200%
- marks the 2023 summer season season with a 22% improve in estimated passengers in Athens International Airport – from 1,910,000 in the summertime interval of 2022 to 2,330,000 within the corresponding interval of 2023.
FORECAST FOR 2023
The knowledge of SKY categorical’s sturdy organic growth predicts an upward pattern for 2023 and the forecast is mirrored in:
- 54,000 flights
- 4,400,000 passengers
- More than 65 locations
- 360 million estimated income
The put up SKY Express: Robust organic growth with new products & environmentally responsible proposals appeared first on Travel Daily.