The put up Regent Seven Seas Cruises Launches Multi-Million-Dollar Art Collection aboard Seven Seas Grandeur appeared first on TD (Travel Daily Media) Brand TD.
Regent Seven Seas Cruises, the world’s high luxurious cruise firm, introduced at the moment the specifics of its newest multi-million-dollar artwork assortment, which might be displayed on the cruise line’s latest ship, Seven Seas Grandeur. The 1,600-piece assortment, primarily comprised of recent artwork, took practically two years to pick and fee, with artists and galleries from all around the world being sourced. This breathtaking assortment of works might be unveiled when the brand new ship is launched in November 2023.
As an extra first at sea, Regent will debut a digital artwork tour known as Art Experience, accessible by way of the brand new Regent Mobile App, which may also be obtainable on Seven Seas Grandeur. The digital artwork tour will current friends with an immersive, interactive expertise that can permit them to have interaction not simply with the art work but in addition with the artist who made it.
The tour will spotlight items by Rauschenberg, Matta, Sophie Elizabeth Thompson, and Eduardo Arranz-Bravo in central visitor areas. Luxury friends will have the ability to scan chosen artworks by way of the app and discover a movie linking them to the artist, their approach, and their inspiration for the creation, due to skilled know-how.
The new Regent Mobile App will permit friends to learn the each day programme information Passages, entry the shore tour catalogue, all restaurant menus, and the ship cellphone listing whereas on board.
“With each new ship, our team works tirelessly to identify and source the most impressive array of art pieces, building a collection that would be enviable by most modern-day museums to ensure our guests’ time onboard is as enriching and thought-provoking as their time on land,” stated Andrea DeMarco, president and CEO of Regent Seven Seas
“It is extremely rare to have such personal access to artwork of this calibre, and now, through our first-ever virtual art tour, guests will be able to connect deeper with the art and artists they’ve fallen in love with onboard our ships.” Seven Seas Grandeur might be probably the most captivated galleries Regent’s art-loving friends have ever explored.”
Since the outside design of the primary piece of artwork, a commissioned Fabergé Egg, ‘Journey in Jewels,’ was proven final yr, the extremely anticipated artwork collection has been a subject of dialog. The inner design and mechanics of this one-of-a-kind art work, the primary and solely Fabergé Egg to remain completely at sea, stay a thriller and might be revealed alongside the complete artwork assortment throughout Seven Seas Grandeur’s christening in Miami this December.
Sarah Fabergé, Founding Member of The Fabergé Heritage Council and great-granddaughter of Peter Carl Fabergé, will function Godmother of Seven Seas Grandeur, Regent Seven Seas Cruises, introduced earlier this yr. One of Sarah’s first duties as Godmother might be to entertain artwork lovers on board Seven Seas Grandeur on a novel Spotlight Voyage in July, together with behind-the-scenes entry to Fabergé by grasp lessons and shoreside excursions.
The commissioned Fabergé Egg might be joined by quite a lot of vital works because the centrepieces of the Seven Seas Grandeur artwork assortment, together with a wide ranging nearly 40-foot-tall hand-woven tapestry, “The Enchanted Tree,” created by world-renowned Brazilian artist Walter Goldfarb. The shut tapestry might be displayed parallel to the elevator wall within the ship’s luxurious atrium, offering a number of views of this breathtaking accomplishment of delicately woven textiles.
Another unique piece within the assortment is a custom-made bronze and hand-cast glass Bonsai Cherry Tree Sculpture by Savoy Studios. This creates an immersive entry to Pacific Rim, the ship’s pan-Asian speciality restaurant. The delicate set up contrasts with the Pacific Rim entrance items of a Tibetan Prayer Wheel and a Mythical Dragon aboard Seven Seas Explorer and Seven Seas Splendour.
Trees are a recurring design function for Seven Seas Grandeur, as seen within the largest speciality restaurant at sea, Compass Rose. When guests enter the restaurant, they are going to be seated beneath a cover of interwoven crystal and wood-edged lit bushes, creating the sense of eating in an enchanted forest with 1000’s of fastidiously positioned crystal-faceted leaves surrounding the restaurant in an awe-inspiring show.
Sarah Hall Smith, Regent’s Art Director, spent over two years piecing collectively the extraordinary artwork assortment aboard Seven Seas Grandeur, aiding in curating the collections on sister ships Seven Seas Splendour and Seven Seas Explorer.
“Seven Seas Grandeur is inspired by the past, reimagined for the future,” Sarah Hall Smith, Art Director for Regent Seven Seas Cruises, stated. “The artwork featured on Seven Seas Grandeur includes work from some of the most notable artists of our time, from Pablo Picasso to Eduardo Arranz-Bravo, as well as unique installations and features such as the largest hand-woven tapestry on board a Regent ship, a hand-cast glass Bonsai Cherry Tree Sculpture and first Fabergé egg to live permanently at sea.”
The curated artwork assortment at Seven Seas Grandeur contains works by artists from all around the world in numerous classes, together with sculpture, authentic work, photographs, and extra.
- Pablo Picasso (Lithograph and Linocut). “Toros y Toreros”, “Antes de picar al toro” and “Picador picando al toro, con matador al quite”
- Three Picasso works are on show in Prime 7 on deck 10. From the colorful costumes and actions of the matadors to the majestic energy of the bulls, every portray affords a glimpse into the wealthy cultural heritage of Spain. These artworks are home windows right into a world that’s each stunning and harmful, the place custom and spectacle collide in a show of braveness and ability.
- Fabergé: “Journey in Jewels”
- “Journey in Jewels” might be displayed within the Atrium in Deck 5 and embodies the Regent crusing expertise with a cascading waterfall of ocean greens and refined turquoise all through its three-tiered base, whereas the outer shell options soothing deep blue waves that break right into a sea spray of pearls. The outer egg ‘shell’ is comprised of seven blades, representing the seven seas, which can unfurl to disclose a shock hidden inside, particulars of that are being stored as a carefully guarded secret till Seven Seas Grandeur’s christening.
- Savoy Studios: “Bonsai Cherry Tree”
- Exclusively created by Savoy Studios is a custom-made bronze and hand-cast glass Bonsai Cherry Tree sculpture, creating an experiential entrance to Pacific Rim, the ship’s pan-Asian specialty restaurant on Deck 5.
- Walter Goldfarb: “The Enchanted Tree”
- The near 40-foot-tall tapestry, “The Enchanted Tree”, will dangle adjoining to the elevator wall within the ship’s lavish atrium on Deck 6, giving a number of vantage factors of this breathtaking feat of intricately woven textiles.
- Zheng Lu: “Water in Dripping – Waterfall”
- The stainless-steel sculpture “Water in Dripping – Waterfall” by Zheng Lu will be discovered at Serene Spa & Wellness on Deck 5.
The ship itself is a murals. In addition to a number of notable design touchpoints, Seven Seas Grandeur, the sister ship to the acclaimed Seven Seas Explorer and Seven Seas Splendor, will exemplify Regent’s 30-year heritage of perfection with unrivalled house, unparalleled service, and transformative experiences that can start the second friends step on board.
The new Regent Mobile App will be downloaded from the App Store and Google Play beginning in December 2023, offering friends crusing on board Seven Seas Grandeur with unique entry to Art Experience.
The put up Regent Seven Seas Cruises Launches Multi-Million-Dollar Art Collection aboard Seven Seas Grandeur appeared first on Brand TD.